Timor-Leste Marine Research Institute is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Accordingly, Timor-Leste Marine Research Institute is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out several principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Collection of Your Personal Information
You may deal with TLMRI anonymously; however, in certain situations, TLMRI will request your personal information (meaning, any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; from now on “Personal Information”) because it is required by law or because it would be impracticable to deal with you anonymously. These situations include requesting access to further investment details, or you have requested us to contact you using your details or when you submit an enquiry. This may include but is not limited to a unique username and password or providing sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
Grounds for Data Collection
Processing of your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with information to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
- Unidentified and non-identifiable information about a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal information gathered may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including specific software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) to enhance the functionality of our site. We may also collect information on your activity on the site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, and actions).
- During the course of dealing with you, TLMRI may collect Personal Information about you, such as:
- your name
- telephone number
- email address
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name, and information on browsing activity when visiting one of our web pages
How We Use Your Information
- Provide you with products and/or services requested;
- Deal with requests, enquiries, complaints, returns (including consumer guarantees and/or warranty claims);
- Establish and maintain your relationship as a supporter of TLMRI, including providing you with newsletters, reports, and other information;
- Send you newsletters or additional current information;
- Carry out any activity in connection with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that TLMRI must comply with or in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- Where otherwise legally permitted or required by law.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Hosting and operating our site;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalised display of our site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our site and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics, or analytics;
TLMRI takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations to protect your personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressly collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version, language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times, and referring website address. This collected information is used internally to gauge visitor traffic and trends and deliver content to you at this site.
Security and Storage
Only your basic details are stored on our server. If you have any questions about the security and storage policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and Browser Information
Cookies are small files that reside on your computer and allow us to recognise you on your next visit or store your requests for additional data. We use them only to track this information.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our site may not operate properly, and your online experience may be limited.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
If you have any general questions or complaints about the site or the way TLMRI collects, holds, uses, or discloses your Personal Information, please send written details of your complaint to Timor-Leste Marine Research Institute by email to email@example.com
Or call us on Tel: +61 0 412 995586